Wednesday, March 9, 2011

A Pretty Satisfying Week’s Work

All right, here they are. They arrived last Monday. I started work on them on Tuesday, and I spent about 25 minutes making some final touches last night. All in all, a pretty satisfying week’s worth of work. If only I had come up with this whole painting on used Metrocards thing seven or eight years ago!

I’m going to put the paintings in the mail this afternoon, and that will be that. The next time I will see them will be on the wall in Alix’s gallery where they will be put to the work of paying for my plane ticket. If I write about this again, it will probably just be once more and after the show has opened.








[Edit: By the way, here are the show details.]

Opening Reception: Thursday, March 17th, from 6 to 9 pm

Exhibition: Friday, March 18 through Saturday, March 26, 2011

Gallery Hours: Noon to 6pm (Closed Monday & Tuesday)


Sloan Fine Art is located at 128 Rivington Street (corner of Norfolk) on the Lower East Side of New York City.

No comments: