Saturday, October 25, 2008

Is Drudge going too far?

Five or six years ago, I would never find myself at the Drudge Report. Somewhere along the line, though, I gave in and started to look at the site. I was actually pretty surprised at what I found. It was a pretty good site. Sure, the links had a certain sensationalism to them, one that reflected an editorial bias, but as an online portal to various news sources, one that was being constantly refreshed, I found what a lot of people have found, that Drudge is unmatched.

Lately, though, I feel like he's pushing the sensationalism too far. He's been pushing these dubious stories of political violence in which Obama supporters supposedly victimize the weak, white McCain folk, and while he was burnt yesterday by the mutilation debacle, he's still at it.
This morning, with the news that the mother and brother of Jennifer Hudson (that American Idol girl who won an Oscar for Dreamgirls) were murdered in their Chicago home, at the top of the page, Drudge is running these banners:


In short, Drudge is exploiting the death of two people (and there's a missing child, too), so that he can continue to connect Barack Obama to violent crime.

It's been a while since I felt this way, but let me say today with no equivocation that Matt Drudge is terrible person. Fucking douche.

No comments: